Re: Classic rock club

>It is a general trend.  I came up with the idea after becoming a Who-head
>just this year and wanting to get a chance to hear more classic rock like
>Zeppelin, Beatles, Doors, Kinks, Stones, Byrds, Dead, Cream, Pink Floyd,
>etc. and learn about it w/o having to spend all my paychecks on CDs.  The
>response was huge and we have yet to announce it to the school for fear of
>a mob at the gym during lunch since that's where we meet and play CDs on
>the new sound system (i have an in since i am the assistant head basketball
>coach).

Cool.  I was aware that not all teens like the rap, hip-hop scene, but I
didn't know it was a common thing.  Maybe rap and hip-hop are for little
kids these days, and the older kids hear the message in pop and rock and
roll.

>I'd like to take some of them on a summer trip to a few Who gigs if they
>tour next summer. surely they will, won't they?

Indications are they will, but maybe only in Europe, which got left out of
the Who2k tour.  Feel the urge to take a plane load of kids to London,
Madrid, Paris?  (Whew.  You're pretty brave!)

keets