The Allan Handelman Show

 Last Sunday night, as I do every Sunday night, I turned on my radio at
10 p.m. and listended to the Allan Handleman show.  It's a rock culture
talk show that deals with drugs, sex, rock and roll, politics, etc.   The
scheduled guest, William Cooper (one of those dudes that believes the
moon shot of 69 was acutally shot out in the desert....a little nutty,
but great listening) was a no show, so the entire 3 hour show was wide
open.  I decided to call in and discuss the concert for New York, and how
great the Who were.  I got through and managed to talk about the Who with
the host for 5 or 6 minutes; I talked about how the band are still the
best live band around, and if you consider the songwriting and the
performance capabilities of this band, they are untouchable.  I asked the
host why it seems that they're getting their due now instead of 20 years
ago, like Zeppelin and whatnot, and he replied that he liked the Who, but
since they acheived early commercial success when they first hit with
ICSFM in 67 that it hurt them, and that they didn't have that many
albums.....at this point I'm about to go nuts, and I point out that they
have more albums than Zeppelin, and that although the Stones may have 40
albums, about 30 of them are crap, and that the Who in any incarnation
could blow these other guys off of the stage, and at this point I got cut
off.  Luckily, a DJ friend of his called in a few minutes later and
agreed with me totally. What I'm asking is for every Who fan out there to
go to his website: www.alhandelman.com, and find out if a station in your
area carries his show.  If so, we should all call in Sunday night and
tell his screener that we want to talk about whatever the topic of the
show is, and then somehow work the Who into our dialog with the host.
This guy really pissed me off, and we should get STERNish with these
people and bombard our boys into our existence.  His shows are archived
on MP3.com, and I'll post a note when it's up there so anybody who wants
to hear my exchange with him can do so. Good night, Jon