Re: Who mp3s

In article <B7FCDBC5.1655%l.van.kammen@chello.nl>,
    fox <l.van.kammen@chello.nl>  writes:

> Had this discussion once and I dont agree BUT; Its the only way if you want
> to reach my server. Maybe annoying, but it does give one access to a lot of
> boots (for the time being)

Yes, the only reason I tried to use it at all was to reach your
server.  I don't think I could ever download a single file
successfully from your server.  It was horribly slow and kept timing
out on me.  There is no other reason for me to run 'hotline'.  The
experience was frustrating and annoying enough that even though I'm
missing out on what you offer on your server, I'm content with that.

I'm sure its quite fast for you accessing your own server, or you
wouldn't have chosen that.  However, I feel that FTP is more
universally accessible than a proprietary closed protocol like hotline
that -requires- you to use their client.  Everything that hotline does
is already supported by open non-proprietary standards like FTP, IRC,
SMTP and NNTP.

PS: The guy who runs "who boots" (biff119456 aka Biff_meister) has
been sending me CDRs of MP3s that I mirror on my FTP area.  XMission's
FTP server is connected to a VERY FAT pipe and allows up to 100
simultaneous users without slowing down.  Another shipment of CDRs is
on its way, so the content will roll over soon.  We plan on rotating
the mirrored content through my FTP area about 3-4 times per year.
--
  Direct3D Book <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
    Don't Support Spammers!  Boycott Fractal Painter 7!