RE: Who at MSG

> > Speaking of the Who, as riveting as their performance was, one gets
> > a true sense of their relative weight in the industry -- there was
> > still three hours to go when they started their set!

Well, could have been because JAE had a show to get to...  :)

> particular) and a lot less of embarrassingly awful "comedians": that guy
> in the red jumper, the guy in the opera suit, Jim Carrey, in particular
> could have gracefully made an excuse or two not to be there. IMO of
> course.

The "guy in the opera suit" was Adam Sandler!  How can you not like that?!
I thought Jim Carrey's beginning was awful - it's clear we are all getting
sick of his idiotic brand of humor.  However, his speech at the end was
touching, especially comming from him.  It was just unfortunate that I had
to spend the whole serious part cringing thinking he would crack another bad
joke and ruin an otherwise great speech.

> The films were excellent. I missed Bebe Neuwirth in Woody's vignette,
> must go back to that! They showed in particular that it is not a good
> idea to let actors out without a script to comfort them.

Absolutely!  Kevin Smith proved yet again that he's one of the greatest
filmmakers of our time with a brilliant, poignant statement - put together
in such a way as to prove a point and entertain at the same time.  I
disagree, by the way, about the script comment.  Especially in Neuwirth's
case, since she left "Cheers" to return to the stage - she never felt
comfortable as a standard actress, loved the stage more (where improv is
king).

> and the young boy later on; wasn't he on stage at the finale?

Indeed he was...

Justin D. Trout
WhoBoots.com