Re: Glad The Who aren't playing Washington D.C. benefit

> Why would I be glad The Who aren't playing the Washington D.C. benefit?
> Well, I was reading an article about it that had an interview with the
> benefit's producer Larry Magid. Larry Magid, I says, that name seems awfully
> familiar. So I look it up and...
>
> he was the promoter in charge at The Who's 1979 Cincinnati concert! There's
> a reunion I don't want to see!
>
>       -Brian in Atlanta
>        The Who This Month!

Plus this is more pop than rock. N'sync, backstreet boys, Mariah Carey, &
Michael Jackson. No thanks. I read today my local paper that the DC event
only made $2 million in ticket sales. The Concert for NYC made over $14
million.

                                        Ty

"Bootlegs are - in my humble opinion - harmless but criminal; a little like
those guys who piss in the street when they can't hold it in any longer."
                            -Pete Townshend, 9.20.01