Re: Re-re-re-re-re...repect

>But I thought it was a strange move on his part that
>three of his songs were new, as I watched the crowd stand there and try to
>get into music they'd never heard (and will probably never hear again, if
>the history of McCartney solo sales tells us anything).

In reply, something I just posted on O&S:

The best acts were inspirational, and the audience seemed to appreciate the
old songs that gave them something to hold on to.  There are a couple of
comments on the VH1 board to the effect that McCartney shouldn't have
debuted new material there--apparently people couldn't connect with it.  The
Who were right (as usual) to stick with songs that had accumulated layers of
meaning over the years.

keets