Pete's buzz

>2.00 am. Back at my hotel after the Madison Square Garden show. So
much
positive energy in one night, so little cynicism (though I tried, I
really tried). I haven't felt an energy like this since we played in
New York in the early days of the Fillmore East - or maybe in the first
ten hours of Woodstock. A special magical buzz. And I am straight,
sober, clean, alert. I can really feel the magic. And it's real.

Seems like Pete has been doubting this for a long time.  It's great to
hear that he felt it.

There was some discussion on the PT list of why The Who chose such a
conservative set list, and Reggy has commented, as well.  It's possible
they all got together and decided on this, but if I understand the
division of labor, Roger is mostly in charge of setting up the magic.
I was betting they could distill it from these four songs, and sure
enough, they did.  No experimenting on this one--they set out to work
magic, and they did--right from the first note.  :)

I was reminded of Sean's contention that it's an animal.  It came up
like some huge, implacable beast and hammered out a message that
everybody could hear.  There was a little variation there, just enough
to keep it interesting for fans who have heard it a million times.

John Cusack really helped, you know.  You could read the message in his
face.

LB

=====
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
http://personals.yahoo.com