Re: RAH DVD

Keets:
>Human interest?  A couple of folks have said it's a great video but
>it
wasn't the best of shows--meaning there was some awkwardness in
>it.  I
>remember comments at the time, too, about the comedian that was
>booed at
>half-time and unresponsive audience and etc.  It looks to me like
>there may
>have been problems with the venue and camera

My own thoughts on the RAH show at the time was that the audience was
not wholly a typical Who audience (as you would expect for the nature
of the show and perhaps the venue). I was standing on the floor to
the right of the stage and an awful lot of people unfortunately
remained sitting for large parts of the show even near the front. In
a way it was not as a responsive audience as you would normally get
but I must say that this doesn't seem to come over on the DVD and to
my mind has been brillantly edited and produced.

There was an intermission and the show restarted with Drowned from
the best of my recollection and looking at the DVD. This again didn't
detract from a great show on the night, and whilst it didn't have the
power and danger of say, Manchester, I don't think many punters came
away unhappy. My memory of the event is only enhanced by the DVD.

Roger.

This message was delivered by Jeeves, the world's first Internet butler.
Let Jeeves send and receive free e-mails for you, just go to
http://www.ask.co.uk and click on Jeeves Mail.