Re: What Should The Who *NOT* Play?

> I just thought about a lot of songs I'd love to hear The Who do, but I
> guess are not appropriate to play... Does anyone know more?
>
> Heaven & Hell
> So Sad About Us
> Glowgirl
> My Generation (I hope I die before I get old)

With all the airport restrictions & the like, "Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere"
might not seem appropriate either.  Yet maybe it *is* appropriate in a
defiant sorta way.  See, a lot of these songs can be colored to expose
different shades of meaning.

> And frankly, I wouldn't like The Who to play battle anthems like WGFA.

You might be the lone dissenting voice on this one, Bjorn.  Unless Pete
nixes it, I think they're gonna play WGFA.  It almost seems necessary.

About a week ago I recited some of WGFA's lyrics to my coworkers
(must be a blast working with me) & they were truly impressed by the
words & imagery as it related to the current situation.

> I think the re-uniting "Join Together" would be a better song.

Yeah, that one has an uplifting feel to it.

> I wouldn't think "I've known no war" would be good either.

No.  Hopefully they won't "waste" a song by choosing that.

> The Kids Are Alright would be a good choice also... Pure and Easy would be
> OK too. And Naked Eye.

TKAA might get played but the other two listed above are long shots.

> and "After The Fire" is about just right; doesn't implicate the angry and
> frustrated spirit.

WGFA would take care of the "angry & frustrated spirit."  But I'm still
not sure about "After the Fire."  To me, that song leans more towards the
themes of age & failed romance; the fire being passion's fire.

Also, someone said it was a waste of time deliberating this matter but
I disagree.  I'm sure TED are going to give it more thought than us.

- SCHRADE in Akron