RE: Boots Needed/Trashed White/F-Rolling Stone

>I didn't get any responses, however, regarding the Chicago simulcast from
>1979...the whole thing was recorded on video and I find it hard to beleive
>there isn't a nice clean CDr copy out there for me somewhere...
>....anybody?  Help?

Jacqueline,

I remember watching exerpts from that show on TV in Chicago back in '79.  A
local dj (Steve Dahl) had a late-night special and he featured two Who songs
from that show (Punk & Godfather and My Wife I think).  I had just turned
full fledged Who-Freak but was too young by my parents standards to go to
the concert.  My brother did indeed go and got some really crappy Kodak
snapshots from the nosebleed seating area.  An odd memory for me but I sat
by the radio all night and even though they weren't simulcasting live, they
kept giving updates from the Ampitheater.  I remember the dj's going
banannas describing how good our lads were; later on after the show, the
LOOP played Quad all the way through without commercials.  Ah, a bit of
nostolgia...

Anyway, I have a CDr of that show and even though I have a definite affinity
for it, I must admit that the sound quality is VERY muddy at best.  Like you
said, I knew that it was filmed/video taped too (see TV show above) and we
all have seen the clips on 30yrs of Max R&B.  So there MUST be a good copy
somewhere.  I wish I knew too...  Let me know if you want to burn a copy of
my muddy CDr and I'd be glad to do it.

The White Trash label - I am proud to say that you don't have to live in the
south or the country to be white trash, thank you.  Born and raised in the
metropolis known as Chicago, I can honestly say that myself and most of my
friends are some of the finest examples of white trash anywhere.  Just be
careful of the engine blocks as you walk across the sidewalk...

And FUCK Rolling Stone in the ear with a Roman Candle!  I play guitar and I
play the damn thing because I LOVE the sound it makes; I love the way I can
transcend reality by pissing off into my own world when I play; I love the
depth of the electric, I love the simplicity of the acoustic; I love to play
guitar because I love how it sounds - NOT BECAUSE I WANT TO HAVE A PRETEND
EXTENSION OF MY DICK!!!  Can't an "aging" musician just get credit for
playing the instrument he loves and plays so well?  I mean Pete - not me; I
ain't that "aging"!  Sorry ladies, but when I read Jeff's post about Rolling
Stone I just flipped and I'm writing directly as a result.  Yuck Foo Rolling
Stone!  Piece of crap "People" magazine for allegedly hip people.  Their
hasn't been an interesting piece written in that shit bag for 20 years
anyway.  Besides, we're talking about a "magazine" who gave the friggin'
Beastie Boys a better review than Pete Townshend.  Fuck 'em...

And finally - you can do no wrong with ANY version of Young Man Blues.
They're all good.  Even the Odds & Sods re-release version has it's shining
moments.

Have a great weekend all, see you on Monday.

Jim in Colo Springs

"You couldn't afford me..."  KJM