Re: Talmy vs Astley; Carl Palmer; Astley vs Talmy

> Anyway, it's nice to know they got together & came to an agreement.  Maybe
> Talmy's eBay stunt scared some people in the Who / MCA camp.

Scott:

Or taught him he had no choice but to deal.

> Yeah, I'll bet they thought Fang was going to buy the tapes.  Think about
> negotiating that one!

Keets:

They wouldn't. It would have remained unreleased, unless some bootleg copies
managed to get out...which could have been very bad, because they would have
known who to sue in this case.

> is suppose to be rough and ready.  I would love it if they
> titled the new edition "The Who Scream My Generation".

Bruce:

It's more likely to be:

******************
****SHEL TALMY****
******************

 Presents the very first stereo mix of

(very small): the who's my generation

Newly Mixed by

******************
****SHEL TALMY****
******************

> and they will  endevour to assist you.  I can be reached on my mobile
07977-455882

I wonder how long it will be before he regrets this.

> pointless debates

Stoo:

You mean like who can mix better than Astley and what an asshole he is?
Pointless discussions like that?

> impressive first song of first album that I ever heard
> (the runner-up would be King Crimson's 21st Century
> Schizoid Man).

Lucas:

I have to give it, hands down, to Out In The Street. Chills down the back of
my spine.

> does on the end of the song. Did someone said that if
> Keith was technical it would made him less good? Well,
> Carl Palmer is the ultimate proof that this is not so correct...

Not unless you have a copy of Moon performing it, it doesn't. Moon would
have taken it another level.

> the actual sounds anyway (and didn't Jimi create both?)

Jeff:

Anything Jimi "created" The Who created, really. And first. And besides,
Hendrix made first in the UK, so he counts as British.

> exceptional drummer and his flair was perfect for The Who, BUT he lacked
> power.

JIm:

I have to disagree, and as an ELP roadie I was close enough to tell. He
could be powerful when the proper time came.

As for the Astley/Talmy debate, if O&S is saying it will be better now
they'll say the opposite when it comes out, is my guess. And at least one
person will say HE could do a better job.

  "Slightly more voters--in Florida as
      nationwide--preferred Gore to Bush."
     Chicago Tribune on the definitive recount

               Cheers                 ML