Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #325

>> On the other hand, I'd say that Carl Palmer (at
>> least in his heyday) could have played anything any
>> of the drummers you cited could play. He was, as
far
>> as I know, the greatest technical drummer
>> in Rock (not RnR, Jeff). Amazing, really.

Very good example. "The Barbarian" is the most
impressive first song of first album that I ever heard
(the runner-up would be King Crimson's 21st Century
Schizoid Man). I was completely amazed at what Palmer
does on the end of the song. Did someone said that if
Keith was technical it would made him less good? Well,
Carl Palmer is the ultimate proof that this is not so correct...
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1