Re: White Trash?

> No biggie.  That's what Johnny Cash always sang.  It's good stuff, and white
> trash folks is "salt of the earth."  I'm sure we all have a little bit of
> that in us.  I'm a big Johnny Cash fan, myself, and a fair Springsteen fan,
> too.

I think I've got some white trash in me also.  When I first went to New York
City, some friends I met there said I had a big-time country twang to my
speech.

I was shocked by this.  I thought I spoke that Mid West / Great Lakes dialect
that T.V. & radio companies look for in their broadcasters.  It's supposed to
be the least-affected, most non-confusing (!) dialect of American English.

Then I go to New York City & they're telling me I sound like a hillbilly!  Maybe
I peppered my speech with too many "y'all's" that day.  I do that sometime.

- SCHRADE in Akron