RE: Bass the Bass; White trash; "Freak me out, Frank"

> Elvis Presley's Bassist (stand up bass)

Greg:

VERY good! And as far as I know, he was the first bassist to really bring
the sound of the bass guitar beyond a mere backing instrument, although
there may be some Jazz player I'm not aware of.

Thanks Mark..

Also forgot to mention that there was a Bill Black Combo before Elvis...

Obligatory WHO related comment...

John covered Hound Dog on Rigor Mortis Sets In...which was made famous by
Elvis, but was I think originally by Big Mama Thorton (I think, unless I am
thinking of the wrong lady)

Greg A.