The My Generation tapes

As mentioned in an earlier posting, here's the announcement from Shel
Talmy's website:

FORMAL RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT

It's with great pleasure that I can announce that an agreement has been
reached with MCA and The Who to acquire my original 3-track tapes for
re-mixing into stereo. It is also part of the agreement that I will be doing
the re-mixing and supervise the mastering.

"The Who Sings My Generation",  will be a multiple CD package to include "My
Generation", "Anyhow Anyway Anywhere", and "I Can't Explain" among the 24
songs on the 3-track tapes and in addition many of the outtakes and talkback
chat will be included in the package.  The release is scheduled for next
spring, 2002.

There are many people who worked hard to make this happen, and I want to
give special thanks to Bill Waddell and Andy Mckaie of MCA and especially to
Pete Townshend, without whom I don't think this would have been possible.

It's been a long and arduous trip to get here and I'm glad to finally
arrive.  Thanks to all of you who have waited patiently, and sometimes "not
so patiently"!

Cheers!

Shel