Re: zak vs ringo

> Since nobody appeared to talk about grip tonight, I'll have a go at it.
> There is a traditional drummer's grip where the sticks are held something
> like a pencil.  You see it in older pics of drummers all the time, the drum
> and fife corp, and all that.  I don't know anything about it really, but I'd
> say it has the advantage of speed.  All you have to do is rock your hand and
> you get noise (drumroll, please!).

C'mon, keets.  Get a grip.  (Saw that one coming up Main St.)

Actually, I think the standard grip is fist-grip with the left hand & pencil-grip
with the right hand.  But the whole thing is like a baseball hitter's stance in the
batter's box.  You approach it the way that feels most comfortable to you.
With practice, either grip will get the job done.

- SCHRADE in Akron