Re: Come on english boy

>if u don't give a fuck what we think then why respond.  i didn't mention
>roger in my critique of psych-d so why do keep referring to him?  i suppose
>psycho-d needs to be SEEN live to truly appreciate it.

I gather Lew mentions Roger because he thinks Roger IS The Who, and that all
criticisms of Pete's solo work are threats that come back to that.

And no, PD doesn't need to be seen to appreciate it.  There's a show
available on video, PETE TOWNSHEND LIVE FROM THE BROOKLYN ACADEMY, and  the
actors made the drama more visible, but may have detracted from the music.
In a different medium, it was a different work.

Pete's production of the dramatic play was as low key as his singing, and in
that form, I can see why it might not fly on Broadway.  The drama isn't as
strong as the music, although (as usual) the two work together well to carry
Pete message.  Pete draws an audience when  he performs the music because of
who he is, but in order to do that without Pete, the play would need
something extra in production--something visual to keep people watching.
This isn't a play where action would help.  One previous suggestion as to
what might:  sex.

:)
keets