Re:Tommy on stage

In a message dated 11/17/2001 10:55:43 PM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> I didn't see TOMMY on Broadway, but I gather from the descriptions that
> it was very elaborately staged--lots of expensive costume changes and
> so on.  It seems this would be an expensive way to go, and it makes
> staging the musical difficult for not only Broadway, but also small
> theaters and high school or college drama groups that would be
> interested in following up.

Our high school's production of tommy 2 years ago was what sparked my
interest of the who.  ur right- tho- very elaborate and quite an undertaking.
 i had students who worked tech crew whose parents reporetd them as absent-
but they did come to school only to catch up on sleep and get ready for the
next night's performace