RE: Sneaking a new album out??? Not!

> >But then, nobody seems to pay much attention to the mp3s that Pete posts
>on his websites.
>
>That's because it's just Pete (pains me to say, not my O by any means!).
>If it were The Who, people would pay attention like EF Hutton.

I think people do pay attention.  Seems like our classic rock radio djs
check Pete's website regularly.  Also, quotes from it show up in print all
over.  Still, no one commented any more about the Who tracks from the tour
than they have about the Pete solo tracks.

You can tell from the fuss about defining "new" material that folks aren't
ready for non-standard methods of release.  Everybody is expecting a new Who
album to come out by traditional means, a formal release through MCA,
through formal distribution channels.  Actually, I think TED would go that
way, too.  But, I'm thinking we might hear any new material live long before
we see it in album form.

> >He could release/sell it track by track and nobody would be
> >the wiser.
>
>Don't agree, and what would be the point.

To get fan opinions before releasing the whole thing?  Pete's doing it
himself, trying out bits of material and waiting for feedback at
flashspud@yahoo.com before making up cds.  That saves lots of coasters
sitting around in the storerooms at Eelpie.

> >Maybe not, but there is more to lose these days.  The Who's image has
>survived intact, and they don't want to do anything to tarnish it.
>
>Yeah, true.  But damn, how bad could it be????  I mean if it gets the same
>response as IH or FD, then hey, nothing much lost.  I can't imagine it
>would be anything close to either of those albums.  The times have changed
>again, and Pete seems to be very much back into rock 'n' roll.

Well, back into what Mark calls rock, anyway.  Pete is just a
songwriter/composer these days and you can't pin him down to a limited
genre.  You have a definite point here about the albums.  If they can do
studio work approaching what they did on tour last year, then it will be
easy to beat FD and IH.

>Hell, look at all the publicity by simply suggesting that they are
>"thinking" about working on a new album.
>
>If you're gonna do it..............do it right.

Looks like they're building up to it.  :)

keets