Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #305

Um did anyone else read Rogers interview on this music web express page
http://www.mwe3.com/
It's pretty hopeful and uplifting that the first album remix, with Shel
Talmy at the helm, is finally in progress.  Thats actually something to look
forward to at last.  I'm sure whitefang is sharpening his claws in
preparation to unleash his wrath on Shel talmy's re-mixing competence.
I for one am looking forward to it, unlike most who (rightfully so) are a
little cynical about another reissue.
And as far as What roger says about the new album, well same old same old.
I did find it interesting to admit to a certain amount of "fear" in creating
the album but that it wasnt all encompassing.  But I think the more the
press praises the who for their standing in rock as second to the beatles,
it puts more pressure and delays the creative process. so.....
  I'm concentrating on other bands and my own music until pete and the boys
get their guitar and pens together.  Life is to short to worry about a new
album that may or may not ever come out. i suppose some of that cynicism is
rubbing off on me.
drew b w