Re: Nigel's comments re Led Zepp.

Nigel,

you commented on Led Zep and the Who, and illustrated that with comments
on shows you saw in 1974/75/76.

Can I point out that in my original post I said that by 1972 I got bored
with them.

I still stand by my original comments, based on seeing Zep and the Who
many times live in 1969 - 1971, that in those early days Zepp were
great. The Who were great, but in their distinct and different way, Zepp
live were great. On album, Zep 3 - for me - was great, and on each of
their other albums (Zep 1, 2, 4, HOTH) there were some killer tracks,
and some stellar ones.

This does not mean that I think they were better than the Who; I think
merely that in their own way, for a while, they were a brilliant band
live, and less often on record.

I can't point anyone to specific boots which demonstrates that, as for
many years I have not listened to or been in touch with Zepp fans to
know about these, but they are out there, I'm sure.

As for the debate as to whether Plant was a Daltrey look alike or not,
notwithstanding the idea floated that Keith and John would join with
Page to form a new supergroup, bearing in mind Daltrey wasn't involved
in those discussions, I am utterly confident that I am right.

Next time I see Robert Plant - he lives near me and I bump into him in
the shops from time to time - I'll ask him if he remembers what really
happened.

Cheers,

John