Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #301

Ok guys -

Now as much as l love Pete and Keith and John, I just have to say that Roger
was indeed the first rock god !!!  I mean I don't think any other lead singer
could have done his job like he did.  Pete could not have been the lead
singer..even though his voice is good.  Roger had everything that a lead
singer needs.  The voice, the look, the act, the body, the hair, etc...I
could on and on :)

Speaking of lead singers....Steven Tyler of Aerosmith - now I know this is a
who list, but I have to tell this story.  I just met Steven Tyler last week
here in Detroit.  He could not have been any nicer to me and when I met him I
started crying (like an idiot) I think because of the whole excitement of the
night.  He grabbed me and hugged me for about 5 min.  Then I gave him a furry
boa for a present, and he wore it for the entire concert !!!  Then he sang
the song 'Cryin'  right to me ( for obvious reasons) and after that, threw me
his harmonica !!!  He was the sweetest guy I think I will ever met (in terms
of celebrities of his fame). I think I would be disappointed if I met any
other rock star  that I love.  ( I hope not the case if I ever get to met
Pete or Roger but I have heard stories about them not being that nice to fans
?? )  Anyway -
Just wanted to let you all know what an awesome guy Steven Tyler is.  And
even though I was a huge fan before I met him, I am an even bigger fan now.
They are the greatest American band.  Here's hoping they go for my idea to
tour with them to raise money for cystic fibrosis !!!!!!!!!!

Gloria in Detroit

P.S.  Does anybody on here know if there is an Aerosmith digest???????  Any
info would be great :)