Re: Roger's Voice

Then JVNNSJSP@aol.com wrote:

> Yeah, like with Bad Company. And the Doors.

====================

In the case of TheDoors, you are probably correct.

Morrison was the only member to have *any* personality and
the other 3 had nothing to offer musically.

As far as Bad Co. is concerned, as highly as I regard
Paul Rodgers' vocals, my attraction to Bad Co. is
purely a result of Mick Ralphs hook laden songwriting
and crunchy Les Paul through a Marshall stack "tone
from on high."

I still liked Bad Co. during the 80's and early 90's with
the "other" two singers they had and the "other" style of
music they persued. I am very fond of "Holy Water" and
it's phat, riff filled, power-pop songs.

For me, vocals are the *least imortant* component of a
piece of music. Lyrics run a close 2nd as being conpletely
irrelevant (YES! I LOVE Jeff Becks "Blow By Blow",
"Wired", "There And Back", "Guitar Shop", "Who Else"
and "You Had It Coming" records!) for my minimum daily
musical requirements, with the exception of a small few, such
as Townshend, Lennon, Dylan, Ray Davies, Warren Haynes,
Pete Ham, and some others, not many.

AnEnglishBoy~