Re: The Who @ MSG - Review by "Encore"

It did have the feel of a live show, didn't it?  I see you kind of got into
it, Kevin.  :)

Pete was right that they could make their magic with this short set, even
though it was a tough one to perform.  Did anybody but me watch the CBS
show?  "Baba O'Riley" alone didn't do it.  The song opened the CBS show
fairly well, but when I ran the tape again, it seemed to drag--it's cut out
of the middle of The Who's set, and it doesn't have the drama that WAY had
to start things off, or the energy of WGFA.  They slowed the pacing before
BBE, and then picked up again for the climax. :)  (What was that word you
used, Kevin?)

>I just read a review of the MSG show.  You can find it on thewho.net.  Iv'e
>copied it below, too. <snip> What I keep coming back to is that this was
>all live, and infront of an International audience.  HUGE! Enjoy the read.

"Rock rears it's ugly head."  Thanks!  Love it.  :)

keets