Re: Concert for NYC (condensed version)

--- In petetownshend@y..., AnEnglishBoy <campbell@f...> wrote:
> > The finale included several shots of Roger, but NONE of Pete.
Heheh. Somehow I suspected there wouldn't be.  I mean, who's the star here,
after all.  ;)

>You don't think that little snide aside was gonna get
>past me do ya, Keets???

Not Roger, if that's what you mean.  It's Macca, you know.  ;)

There was some discussion of this on O&S, but since you've taken it
wrong, maybe I should explain further for everyone here.

The show at MSG was a deal between Paul McCartney and Mirimax and VH1.
It makes a lot of donations for a great cause, but it also serves to
promote all concerned.  Macca is to headline, so he gets the prime
spot and all the press.  But then a little problem ensues, called The
Who.  Not only did they blow everybody off the stage performance-wise,
but they stole the finale, too--especially Pete.  So, they've edited
Pete out completely for the re-broadcast.

keets