Re: Settin' the record straight

>I think it's abundantly clear to anyone paying just the slightest bit of
>attention that Lela's motivation is to enjoy Who discussions, and to try
>and keep the few ("them") from ruining a good thing for the many. Shame
>there wasn't the same thing happening on Pete's now closed BBS.

Thanks for the comment, Kevin.  I'd prefer to avoid bringing the O&S
conflicts to other lists, which is why I signed up here with a screen name
in the first place.  If the problem persists, I'll consider disappearing
from igtc.  BUT before Jon gets all hot and bothered, it's unlikely that
I'll disappear from O&S any time soon.  ;)

One thing about the PT BBS: It's pretty much up to the list owner and/or
monitor to make decisions about what happens on the list, so it was Pete and
Matt's job to handle things.  They tried to work with the different
viewpoints represented, but they ended up making about the only decision
they could given their software--that is, to close the board.  Notice that
the tone of the group changed immediately when they did that.  It's only
when the list owner/monitor abdicates that the personal conflicts take over.

In other words, Paul does a great job with this list.

keets