Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #143

re:

>   Ok - I saw a WB commercial - using My Generation........
>   What is up with that?  I dont like it.

I posted this on Odds and Sods a while back with the subject "One for the
'Oh No' category":

Eden's Crush Talks About Their 'Generation'
May 2, 10 a.m. ET, Launch

TV-made girl group Eden's Crush has collaborated with rap-rocker Hesher on a
version of a classic Who song, "My Generation." The track will be used as
part of a promotional campaign for the WB, the television network that aired
Popstars, the reality-based show that chronicled the making of the quintet
this past season.

Eden's Crush entered a Los Angeles studio earlier this month to add vocals
to Hesher's hip-hop take on the tune. An earlier Hesher version of the song,
titled "Whose Generation," also appears on his recent Warner Brothers album,
Self-Titled Debut.

Vocalist Ana Maria Lombo tells LAUNCH that the whole project was a whirlwind
experience. "We didn't even know that we were gonna be recording it. And
when they say, 'Oh you're gonna do...'--what is the title, 'My
Generation'?--and we're like, '"My Generation," we're like, 'Talkin' 'bout
my generation,' we're like, 'We're gonna do that?' Like, 'What?' And then it
was like, 'Yeah, we are?' 'Oh yeah, we're recording in the studio today.'
'Oh, OK.' We ran in, we recorded it in, like, an hour or something, just
took our little parts and... We're just doing what we're told to do and
we're hoping, you know, if anyone likes it, then that's great."

Eden's Crush's debut album, Popstars, arrived in stores yesterday (May 1)
from London-Sire/143 Records. The effort features the group's hit single,
"Get Over Yourself."

"....I stay on the [Odds and Sods] list just to harass them."

-- Lela Buis posting on the IGTC list about Odds and Sods --