Re: Substitute Songs of the Who CD

Christine, re

> > Hi, just thought aanyone here in the UK might be interested to know
> > that this Saturdays Daily Telegraph will include some sort of
> > voucher I imagine to claim a free CD featuring some songs off this
> > Substitute CD.

This is a regular feature in the British "quality" newspapers of late,
where they either include a promo CD in the paper, or, as the Daily
Telegraph does, put a voucher in the paper for you to collect the CD at
HMV.

The CD is limited to a run of 50,000, and recent Daily Telegraph CD's
include;

Bob Dylan
Pet Shop Boys
Deacon Blue
David Gray

I also have from the Sunday Times

Elvis Presley
and this sunday will be an U2 promo CD;

from the Guardian a Fatboy Slim promo,

and from the Independent

Nick Cave and the bad seeds
Divine Comedy
Neil Finn
Elton John
Moorcheba

The CD is almost always a promo for a new album to be released by the
featured artiste, but there are often unreleased or alternative versions
of songs on it.

For instance, the Fatboy Slim, Neil Finn, Pet Shop boys, Divine Comedy
and Deacon Blue promo CD's have such tracks on each.

If you are right, and the Telegraph does put out a promo CD for this
Who album, there is a possibility that it will have a track not on the
official release, possibly in CD rom video format.

Cheers,

John