The Akron OX Show

Wow.  What an OX show.  I'm all fucked up.

At one point drummer Steve Luongo said something to the effect of, "If
you're going on the internet tonight to review the set, be kind, 'cause it's
our first show."  Be kind?  Steve, that was a kick-ass show.  No need to
worry.

Sure there were a few fuck-ups here & there, but this show did *not* disap-
point.  Dig some of these songs:

Heaven & Hell
Boris the Spider
Success Story
Under A Raging Moon (!)
Sparks (!)
Cousin Kevin (!)
My Wife
The Real Me (only encore song)
Had Enough (from WHO ARE YOU!)
Young Man Blues
Shakin' All Over
Trick of the Light
Summertime Blues

The Highland Square Theater is an old-fashioned, big movie theater.  I was
OX-side, about second row, standing with the freaks.  There were three
teenage boys right up against the stage, soaking up OX's vibrations.  That's
always nice to see the younger fans at the shows.  Long Live The Who.

And thanks to the red-headed dude right in front of me.  When OX threw
a bass pick early in the set, we both went for it.  It hit the floor & he got his
hand on it first.  I said, "You got it, man . You got it."  He picked it up & said,
"Here, you take it, I'll get another one."  It was *that* kind of a magic evening.

Now I have two OX picks: one from '88 & one from '01.  Neat!

That same dude snagged a drumstick & gave it to my friend Brian.  Who *was*
that red-headed do-gooder?!  Praise him.  May he receive much WHO energy.

I couldn't understand much of the in-between song banter.  It was all echoey
up at the front.  OX looked great & sounded, as always, fucking fantastic.
Two friends I took to the show had never seen any "WHO person" live be-
fore.  They were both amazed.  I was amazed.

I tell ya' - these OX shows never disappoint.  Wow.

Man, I'm all fucked up.

What a show.

- SCHRADE in Akron