Re: Denver download vs audience boot

>The Pearl Jam CDs were cheap, under $20 and maybe even around $15. The
>think that kind of steams me about this is that this is an expensive show,
>it's in mp3 format, and there's no cover art supplied. At least when you
>buy this stuff retail, the sound quality is better and the packaging is
>better. I'd be totally for this idea if this show was cheaper, say $10 or
>so. I mean, it's all profit, there's no overheard for this particular CD
>except maybe computer storage space.

TED are probably going by the price of UK cds, which are always inflated
because of the intrenched domestic price fixing scheme.  Double cds in the
US generallly go around $29, but considering that the consumer has to
provide the cd and the burner and the labor to edit it, I agree that the
download seems overpriced.  Still, Pete gave away a free cd worth of songs
last summer, so I don't know if anybody can complain too much on this one.

All the objection to the mp3s is curious.  A little while back mp3s were
just the bees knees, and now they're totally passe.  All those mp3 players
that everybody bought should be obsolete within hours.

;)
keets