My Recent WHO Purchases

I added 3 vinyl WHO items to my collection recently.

1. Innerview - 1976 2-record interview radio show hosted by Jim Ladd.
    I guess this was some kind of world-wide broadcast where the listeners
    were supposed to listen in headphones, hence the title "Innerview."  Jim
    Ladd states at the beginning that "there are literaly thousands of people
    around the world wired together, listening in headphones."  Guess that was
    as close as you could get to the internet back then!  I don't usually go for
    radio interview shows, but this one was from 1976, so I gobbled it up.
    Commercials, too!  Nice Datsun commercial mentioning the high price of
    gas!  What year is this?!

2. Polydor one-hour radio special - The Making of TOMMY 1975.
    I haven't listened to this one yet.  I was kind of excited when I saw it be-
    cause I didn't know it existed.  It says it contains "dialogue & conversation"
    (is there a difference?) with Roger Daltrey, Elton John, Anne-Margret, Pete
    Townshend, & Ken Russell; plus excerpts from the original soundtrack al-
    bum.  Polydor white label promo.

3. The Best of THE WHO - Holland Polydor Special release.
    This is one of dozens of Polydor European compilations containing early
    singles & B-sides ("Happy Jack," "Doctor, Doctor," "In the City," etc.)
    I played this one & it sounds like shit.  Very muddy.

- SCHRADE in Akron