Re: Offical word games

>I think there are two things at work here:  rationalization and
>competitiion.  I applaud TED for throwing a monkey wrench in the
>conventional thought by offering up a ODIR (good one Scott).
>
>Traders who want to trade this stuff convincing themselves and others
>that copying and traded copyrighted material is OK.  Are they paying Pete
>and John fees for the publishing?  If not, they are infringing on the
>artists' rights.  So what?

Yeah.  Must be kind of scary to think that Pete might post every show TED
do/have ever done for download.  With reasonably good official copies
available, will audience taping and trading still be worthwhile?  It could
ruin a great hobby for lots of folks.

>The competitive side is the bitching about sound quality.  Underneath is
>the idea that '*I* am the ultimate fan who really understands this music
>because blah blah blah...'  We only see males get into this argument.
>
>Both angles are bullshit.

So you think they find something to bitch about for .shns, too?  Sounds
right.  There is that constant thread about how TED don't care about the
music and how it should be treated as a holy religious artifact, blah,
blah...

Also, I sort of thought the two angles tied together, and this one was about
Pete's stuff not being good enough and overpriced for the quality, so
they're justified in going ahead with the trading.

keets