Re: Official release?

In article <F226oQ9a2DmZdaAD19z0000d254@hotmail.com>,
    "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>  writes:

> The more I think about this, the more interesting the question gets.  Here's
> the full item from alt.music.who, from a poster named "Bill." Doug's points
> are about the "inferior" mp3 format and the lack of artwork for the price.

As long as we're quoting, here's what "Doug" has to say when I asked
if he really meant that a "lossless" audience recording is really
better than a soundboard MP3:

    Absolutely.  If you put price and quality loss aside, there are
    people who enjoy a very good audience recording to an average
    soundboard (I'm not saying the Denver download is average, just
    making that point).  When you add the loss in quality of the file
    due to the .mp3 format, you will have a very large portion of
    people who will absolutely prefer the pure source audience over the
    soundboard.

If he wants to express his personal preference that's fine, but when
he says "you will have a very large portion of people" is where I part
ways.  Further, he hasn't even downloaded the MP3 so he can't say
anything about this specific side-by-side.
--
Direct3D Book <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
         Home <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/>