Re: Doors; Pete's tour

> what others on the list think, but I thought John Densmore was a very good
> drummer.

Jon:

Densmore was a very good Jazz drummer; Krieger (he guitarist) was definitely
their weakest musical link.

> The only good rock journal I know of is an English one called Mojo.
America
> sure could use another good rock magazine.

Back in the 80's, Rolling Stone became no more than a slightly hipper
(matter of opinion) People Magazine.

> Daltrey sounded alright at the four shows I saw.  Some trouble with the
high notes
> but he had the some trouble in '82!  Let's give him credit.

Scott:

Daltrey's got about 80% of his voice. Not bad for an old man.

> But Pete stole the shows.

I agree. It was Pete's tour. In Atlanta, John played his amazing solo in
5:15...but then Pete wiped it all away with his solo. It was like: "Oh,
YEAH? Watch THIS!"

"It's very important for folks to understand that when
    there's more trade, there's more commerce."
          George "It wasn't obvious to ME" Bush

               Cheers                 ML