Re: Horton Hears The Who?

Jeff, have you been hanging around with your daughter again? ;)

There does seem to be a bit of confusion.  Around Christmastime we were
bombarded with Who images because of the release of the Grinch movie--I was
dreadfully tempted to send everybody cutsy little Whoville cards.

It is possible there's a connection, as the book is copyright 1954, and when
TED+M were choosing a name, the name could well have presented itself with
its noisy Whoville associations.  A noisy speck of dust?  Yup, that's us.
They've never mentioned it, but after that thing with Ivor the Engine
Driver, I wouldn't put the cute double meaning past them.  It wasn't until
later that they got into the phallic symbols.

Don't spread it around, though.  We certainly wouldn't want the Seuss crowd
thinking they ought to sue for copyright infringement.  ;)

keets