Re: CharityMusicTommyDownloads

Kevin, re

> > unless I am very much mistaken there is nothing there about any
> > element of the payment going to charity.
>
>   As Keets so accurately pointed out, it's simply speculation at this
>   point.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. What I commented on was the way the
speculation turned suddenly into gospel fact. You know that Bill
commented

"you know the boys.I'm sure the money is going to a charity."

and then you commented "I'll pay bucks to the charity". How did you
assume from a speculation there was a charity involved?

> > But, damn strong speculation considering what the band has been
> > doing as of late.

Again, I completely disagree. It's never going to be more than
speculation. Look, when the Robin Hood charity, the teenage cancer
charity and bridge charity gigs were announced they were announced as
charity functions right from the start.

This was announced as a pay to download only. Given the previous
history, were it to have a charitable element, *I am positive* this
would have included the comment "(some) proceeds to (named) charity".

> > If you want to give some money to a charity fine, there's a million
> > out there who would welcome it, but please don't think one penny of
> > your payment for the download will be going to a charity.
>
>   "I have to be careful not to preach......" Someone tell me why this
>   line is running through my head as I read the above.

I've now been to the download site; nothing there about money going to
charity. Care to comment?

Cheers,

John