Re: CHARTS & THE WHO

No giggles?  I thought Jeff's take on this was hilarious.  ;)

I think TKAA2000 will fly with The Who audience.  We got some terrific
samples last summer.  It won't be one to make it to #1 in the charts,
though.  Bjorn's right that advertising and promotion seem to do the trick.
It's interesting to watch some of the big money-makers handle their album
releases--Janet Jackson being the latest.  Aerosmith's promotional campaign
was interesting, too.

If Pete wants a #1 hit, I'd think the way to do it would be with a single
for a big movie soundtrack.  That way TED could use the movie budget to
shoot a video and handle the promotion.  It'd be cool to do it for the Keith
Moon movie, wouldn't it?

keets