RES: sagging record sales, eh?

Well, keets, I guess that Pete runs his websites with his own money and in
the very same way he's able to make money from it. Note that I don't stand
for piracy or anything, but the point is that Townshend/TED can promote
tours (and this is their most profitable income), sell records (as
'Lifehouse', live albuns et al) and merchandise (Artist Direct), well, the
hell lot. Internet has been such a great way for us to keep in touch with
them (and notice that I'm from Brazil! You don't have a pale idea of how
hard it was for me to keep myself updated with TED's activities before the
web!!!), and they still have their old catalog selling.

I guess that, today, they actually make more money from the Who than they
ever did. If you read Dave Marsh or Richard Barnes' books, you'll notice
that there is a very big difference, in financial terms so to speak, between
the old days and, say, the '89 tour (or last year's one). Back in 89, Pete
told Bill 'Well, I'll tour, but I want 1,5 million for 5 or 6 weeks on the
road', and HE MADE IT.

On the other hand, few weeks ago, some odd newspaper in UK released a 50
richer artists list and there was no Pete, Rog, John, Bill, Moonies,
Astleys, Jones in it. But it obviously does not mean that the guys are not
wealthy. As Townshend noted some years ago, Rog and John spend their money
in different ways. They have big houses to keep, Daltrey runs a farm wich is
not doing fine, John pays to keep his band going and so on. And they don't
get that big figure from publishing, since Pete's the main composer.

Anyway, they will not starve or anything if we keep on downloading a couple
of tracks here or video feeds there from Internet.

[]'s

Oswaldo Akamine Jr.
Web80 Comunicação Ltda.
http://www.web80.com.br
akamine@web80.com.br
Rua Capote Valente, 432, cj. 72
Pinheiros - São Paulo/SP - Brasil
CEP 05409-001
(11) 3898-2131

Atenção: o conteúdo desta mensagem é sigiloso e específico para a pessoa do
destinatário.
Caso a tenha recebido por engano ou acidente, por favor, ignore-a e a delete
de
seu computador.