Re: Downlaodable Who

> > suggestion how to trade the files without ripping off TED
>
>And what about BTTB? It's no longer available, so it is acceptable now to
>trade it?

Nope.  It was an official release, so copying and selling it would be
defined as piracy.  Bootlegging and distributing it on a large scale would
be questionable, too.  After all, what if Pete decides to offer it now for
pay download from Eelpie?  Wouldn't want to steal his money!

> > Then what's that story about being drunk and recording stuff and not
>being able to figure out the chords later on?
>
>I cannot be held responsible for what Pete did when he was drunk. Most of
>the Who songs were demoed by Pete first, that's all I was saying.

I'll look around for the article where he told the story.  As I recall, he
goes into some detail about how he "writes" music, and what can inspire it.

>The Tommy demos were all but releaseable on their own. Hard to call them
>sketchy.

What songs?  All of them, or just the main structure?

> > But is it before or after the fact?
>
>What fact are you referring to?

The fact of the finished song.  The question is whether he writes the
lyrics/music down before or after it's done.

> > That's linear thinking, though.
>
>That's how time tends to work in this here universe.

Only since the invention of the calendar and the clock.  We measure it in
our culture, so we've got a one way, vector quantity.  Other cultures don't
do that.  Meher Baba's coming back, you know.  ;)

> > What if it all works in cycles instead?
>
>Nah, that's women who work on cycles.

Hey, the earth turns.  Every year it comes back to about the same place and
starts over again.  True, it runs down a little on every trip, but not
enough that we'll ever notice.

> > They'll never agree on a representative.
>
>Actually, I think most people would agree with Brian Cady as a
>representative.

Until he goes to work for Pete, that is.  Watch out, Brian!  ;)

keets