No Subject

WHO TRIBUTE ALBUM

Like the one about OCS's recording Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere, for the
much-anticipated Who tribute album, Substitute -- The Songs Of The Who, due
in June.

"We went up to John Entwistle's house, which is about 50 miles from where we
live in the Cotswolds, a beautiful area, so we went to this mad, mad
mansion, and did the track."

Still, Fowler says he hesitated at being involved with the tribute at first
because of the strong "mod" association with OCS. "That sort of like 'mod'
connection -- I mean, it doesn't interest me as much as it interests Steve,"
said Fowler.

He's more into Fairport Convention and the Smithsonian American folk music
box set, at the moment.

"I can only really play acoustic guitar and sit there and strum, that is
naturally the kind of music that I've really been drawn to," said Fowler.
"And then Neil Young came along when I was 13, and that kind of changed my
life really."

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm