Re: Roger Concert in Vail

Lela, re

> > OK, anyone else who was there...can you back me up on this?...WHAT
> > WAS THE DEAL WITH THAT JANIS JOPLIN/ROBERT PLANT IMITATOR?????  Rog
> > introduced her as a "star", and he said that if there were any
> > record execs in the crowd, they should sign her up. She then came
> > out and proceeded to to do Dyer Makr(I think...i'm not a big Zep
> > fan) and that mercedes benz song???  The best was when she came out
> > later and did stairway to heaven! Everyone in my section was
> > cracking up!! Holding up their lighters in mock approval. Anyway,
> > she seemed to be the only out of place/wierd/bizarre part of an
> > otherwise awesome night.

You're referring to Nikki Langborn, who was in the support band for the
Who at the Wembley Quad show in May 1997. She clearly made an impression
on Roger because she was in the BRS show that toured the States in 1999
and the UK/Europe/Australia in 2000.

Her place at the Vail concert is therefore not really much of a
surprise; as to her ability, all I remember from the two occasions I saw
her is that she has a fine pair of lungs.

Cheers,

John