RE: Pete on C4's top 10 Guitar Heroes last night

> Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 00:26:17 -0000
> From: "Lester Peckover" <max@networks50.freeserve.co.uk>
> Subject: Pete on C4's top 10 Guitar Heroes tonight
>
> Pete did a recently filmed interview insert for this. There was
> lots of Who archive footage,
> (as there was for all the other guitarists, as it was meant to be
> an 'instant career biog').
> As with the majority of these 'rock documentaries' there was
> nothing really new,
> especially for the typical members of our esteemed O&S list;

I saw this too - it was great as a 10-minute summary of their career.  I was
pretty drunk by the time I saw it, so the details a little sketchy.  Pete
was voted 6th best rock guitarist in the world.  But there was something
new: the recent RAH footage, which looked great; it's really whetted my
appetite for the DVD release.

Pete also spoke about The Who's music being designed solely for the British
market, and that it was meant to appeal just to British kids.  This seemed
quite controversial - if the program was shown in the US it could provoke an
uproar on this list.

-MB