Let's See Action

Schrade  "I feel like I'm being "led on" by a girl."

I like that metaphor.  To continue on, when was the last time you got laid?
Really, you gotta take a risk to get paydirt.

keets  "I thought they risked a lot by going on tour.  What if nobody came
to the shows?  What if Pete had played badly?  What if his ears had given
out half-way through the first show, and they quit right there?"

I am glad I wasn't the only one holding my breath early last summer.  I had
similar fears.

keets "It's the same situation as the tour.  Nothing ventured,
nothing gained."

Yeah - what she said!

keets  "The more important question is how they ought to go about marketing
a new studio album so they don't go broke in producing it.  Obviously, the
current music scene isn't set up for older bands to score number one hits.
Santana did it, but he brought in a lot of talent to help him out, and still
had
really serious barriers to overcome.  Should they make a deal with MCA and
hope for the best?  Release it on the The Who label and handle the promotion
themselves?  Give it away to anybody who buys a tee shirt?  Sell stock?"

Getting corporate backing will be tough for a band that has been dormant for
so long.  On the age question, do you consider U2 older or younger?  What
about The Eagles (reportedly in the studio now)?  I say they keep MCA out
unless/until they have a product.  If they record new material in
conjunction with a Moon or Lifehouse movie, some distribution is assured.
Of course they have to DO it first.  Tour on the heels of the newly released
soundtrack, with sponsorship from the label.

Or write Quad II.  I've been thinking about this one.  Should Quad II be
Jimmy just after Quad I as a newly enlightened young adult?  Jimmy as a
parent (story from his perspective) with a teenage Jimmy Jr. getting into
the neo-Mod or punk movements of the 80s?  The flipside of Quad I told from
the perspective of Jimmy's parents?  Hmmmm Could we see some other
perspectives in the stage production?

Thanks keets.

Jeff