Re: QUAD Soundtrack Re-Release

> Oh.....what's with that "Joker James" song?  I'm kinda glad *that* got
left off the
> original album.  QUAD's a stark, serious piece; best to leave out the song
with
> lyrics about a whoopy cushion.  The music kinda rocks, though.

Pete wrote it in 1967 and called it the "genesis" of Quadrophenia.  Quad was
going to have light comedy bits in it (like "We Close Tonight") until Pete
decided to steer the whole piece in a more serious direction.  The band
didn't like it either thinking it sounded too "1967" for 1973.

-Brian in Atlanta
 The Who This Month!
 Go to: http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm