box set

While we are on the subject of the box set, I read a few reviews of the box
set by different magazines that I would like to bring up since we are low on
who topics.

There are 2 comments that stick out:

1. Many who fans were upset that the box set included the live version of
substitute from Leeds. The studio version was not included.

2. Only 6 of the 79 tracks were from the post Keith moon era.

i respond:
1. this was a grave error. If you are going to include a live version of
substitute, why not pick a better version? the Leeds version was not that
great IMHO. listen to the version of substitute from May 18, 1974 at
charlton, included in the 30 yrs. of maximum r&b video. It may have been 4
years later but it was still better. the Leeds version of substitute I did
not like. Though the bottom line is: HOW DO YOU NOT INCLUDE THE STUDIO
VERSION OF SUBSTITUTE? Especially when many who fans would say that
substitute was the best single the who ever did. It was one of the 5 best I
agree.

2. No matter what you think of Kenney Jones, there were a lot of good shows
with him. Not all of the problems they had were his fault. They did not have
any great shows but I don't like how people write the who off during this
period. If you hate Kenney, Fine, but the who are the who and I support them
at any time. It seems to me that this box set was intended to bring the
average listener a taste of the who, their entire career. There is a big
difference between the who with moon and the who with Kenney. But I still
support him and there should have been a few more tracks included with the
Kenney Jones era. There should have been 10-18 tracks with Kenney, not six.
What about the 4 songs included from the 30 years video in 1979 Chicago? or
that great version of love reign o'er me from shea 1982??

Scott p., not Scott s.