Max R&B Box

Mark L "I would have liked another disc and a more balanced selection. It
seems the end "sped up" and only a few tracks were included from the later
stuff. And, of course, more unreleased stuff would have been nice....Then,
what's up with the live/studio mixes? And why count Pete's concert
statements as "unreleased tracks?" And why not put the Moon BBC material at
the end or on another disc?
The set was pretty good, but not great."

Jon in LA  "At first I didn't like some of the stuff like "Life with Moon's"
on the box set but it has grown on me."

The box set worked perfectly for me (and still does).  My reaction (like
yours, Mark) is extremely subjective.  Mrs House gave it to me at a crucial
time in my Who-ness.  I bought my first car with a CD player and had given
up on my vinyl collection, which was the entirety of my Who music.  The set
was one of the 1st in my CD collection and for a while it was all the Who
that I listened to.  It succeeds as a "Greatest Hits" complilation where
many others have failed.

I agree that the live/studio mixes (like "A Quick One") are annoying on
repeated listens and that the Moon comedy bits are a bit out of place.  It
did reach the most important audience for any product - me.

Jeff