Naked Eye - 2nd & 9th Chords are the Magic

Hello,

I have been really busy lately so I haven't posted much.  I enjoyed
reading the Nake Eye posts by Kevin, Jeff's and I believe Inga chimed
in too!

As a budding guitarist, I have recently learned how to play NE,
and in the process, I discovered why it sends chills down my spine when
I hear the opening notes and chords.  Pete is playing sustained 2nds
and 9ths.  I think there is a G6 in there as well, but the Dsus2nd and
the C9th are special chords when strummed, and have an extra magic when they
are picked.  I believe that is what Pete is doing here.  Add to the
already powerful music a well executed vocal of Roger and Pete singing
off of each other and pure poetry for lyrics, and you have the perfect rock
ballad.

The variety of vocals from Roger and Pete (and sometimes John) is what
puts the Who over the top for my, and why I can tolerate (I mean this in
a good way) listening to them so much.

The fact that two members can sing well, each with varying cadence
and range give The Who more depth for their band size than any other band
I know of.

"One note... Sounds like a light ray... Sounds like a new day..."

Joe

PS.  I want to add that I think you are absolutely QUANTUM Paul for
agreeing to let the Reply issue go to a democratic vote.

Most technical guys can be pricks while they play wizzard with their
toys and ignore their users real needs.

Joe Lewinski
ICANON Associates, Inc.
Phone: 610-313-1850 x 115
Fax: 610-313-1848

NEWZware is a product of ICANON Inc. - Visit our web site at
http://www.icanon.com/ for more information on ICANON, the company, and its
suite of products and services.