Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #69

I have a few things I wish to say. First, I'm not sure killing all of the
cows and pigs is necessary if the foot-to-moth-virus isn't deleterious to
humans,  but we should take all measures that the disease dosen't come to the
US.

At first I didn't like some of the stuff like "Life with Moon's" on the box
set but it has grown on me.  The Who always puts out a quality product.  I
have always noticed that their live shows sound quality is much better than
other bands.  They spare no expense on good, quality equipment.  The live
tracks on the box set testify to that.  It is really incredible that the live
tracks and the studio tracks sound about the same in quality. A friend of
mine was suprised to hear the applause at the end of the version of "Naked
Eye" at the Young Vic's.  He thought that was a studio recording.

I read where Moon was acutally very meticulous on makeing sure his drums
were tuned and placed just right (Albiet he destroyed them later.) Also, I
like how Townshend has woven the tracts so nicely together on the box from
the original Master's: there is no dead space between any of the songs.

One thing I do remember about seeing the Who in the spring of 1980 in
Seattle, is how Towhshend, at the conclusion of the show, stopped and waved
directly to my section way up in the bleachers.  I thought  that was quite
unusual for rock stars.

Finally Daltrey must tow the line at the Marriott reunion because Keeny Jones
played longer with the Faces than he did with the Who.  Marriot with Humblie
pie certainly put together one of the greatest hard rock bands ever. Too bad
Frampton quit at their height success to write teeny-bopper bullshit.

                                         Jon, Los Angeles