Re: "Songs of the Century"

keets  "I'm wondering about the angle on this thing now.  Notice it's the
recordings and not the songs that they're talking about.  Do you suppose the
NEA grant is going to pay royalties for every time this music is played in
the schools?  Lot of government money going to the recording companies, if
that's the case."

Your theory seems very plausible to me.  It also makes sense from an RIAA
standpoint.  They have awarded these spots to big hits on major labels.
Government money going to corporations?  Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to
the Right-dominated USofA.  I'll bet a move like this from NEA will get it
some points with the righities who are now in power to help it make up for
some of that evil porno-art they have been encouraging to the great
discomfort of the moral right.

I believe there is a fine line between cynicism and perceptiveness :-)

Jeff