RE: Who At The Movies, http://come.to/the_who/, Now & Again

> Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 10:53:05 -0000
> From: "Jeremy Craine" <jcraine@hotmail.com>
> Subject: Who At The Movies
>
> just got 2 of the 3 remasters - Tommy & Quadrophenia.
> At first listen they sound great and the cover artwork is great
> to see-some
> nice photos.
> Tommy also comes with lyrics.
> Unfortunately my local HMV only had these 2 and not Kids Are Alright...
> anyone else manage to get this one??

I picked up the new Kids Are Alright from MVC for only £8.99!  I now have 3
copies of the KAA CD.  I feel a little cheated about paying around £25 for
the Japanese import last summer.  But it's nice to have it all on one CD,
complete with JT/RR/MGB medley.

I also bought Quadrophenia (£10 from Our Price - again, very cheap).  I now
have 4 Quad CDs (why are trapped in this endless buying cycle...?).  The
remastering sounds great: for the first time I can make out the backing
vocals on Four Faces ("one, two, three, four") and the subtle guitar work at
the beginning of Punk & The Godfather. (It's the little things that make
these remastered CDs worthwhile.)

The Quad soundtrack was the first Who LP I ever owned.  It's great to hear
it restored.  The non-Who tracks are also great to hear again - I haven't
heard many of these since I "retired" my record player a few years ago.

I'll leave the Tommy Soundtrack to next week...  that'll be 6 copies of
Tommy CDs I'll have...

-MB

PS: I've just downloaded Psychomontage from http://come.to/the_who/.  I'm
half-way through hearing it now - weird stuff, but good.  If anyone hasn't
visited this site yet, I certainly recommend it.  (I do get a couple or
annoying error messages using the site - but the site is still usable.)

PS2: While I'm here: there was a great use of a Who song in Sci-Fi program
"Now & Again" a few weeks back.  Picture this: a man caught in the middle of
a golf driving range, golf balls showering down all around him - some
hitting him, causing blood to tickle down his face, and yet the man was
unafraid.  The music accompanying this powerful scene: Love Reign O'er Me.

Wow! Psychomontage has got Slip Kid in it!  And Who Are You!  Where can I
buy a CD copy of this track!